Monday, November 21, 2016

3D Class Week 13 Creating An Environment Part 01

This week we were tasked with creating two separate pieces of tileable geometry that could be used as ground pieces. Below are the results of my work:

First we created a special piece of geometry that could be used in Zbrush to assist with the tiling process




















With this mesh prepped and configured in Zbrush I begun to sculpt the first of the two pieces

First Sculpt

















Once the sculpt was completed I took the decimated mesh into Maya to prep the seams and make sure the mesh could tile adequately

Maya Work






Substance Work















UE4

























Second Sculpt

For the second sculpt I wanted to try including some organic elements since my natural inclination is to do character art and largely organic shapes, I found the following concepts from artist Fanny Vergne and they inspired me to do something similar

Reference:




























My work:

Tackling this piece was a bit challenging and required some iteration on my end, I ended up settling on creating a set of custom brushes that would let me get the results and details I wanted out of the piece












Below is my final sculpt:









Maya Work







Substance Work


















UE4







No comments:

Post a Comment