Monday, November 14, 2016

3D Class Week 11 Creating A Medium Complexity Character Part 03 Sculpting

This week we were tasked with painting our starfish and getting the asset game ready, below is the process of this assignment

Final Sculpt




Retopology

First I brought the decimated high poly mesh into Maya to retopo the low poly starfish to better accommodate the ZBrush modifications



















Painting Textures

Once the retopologizing was completed I brought the mesh into substance to paint, I wanted to maintain the theme of candy skulls/day of the dead facial paintings so I expanded on the design I studied last week

References:





























Painted Mesh:






















Material

Once the textures were completed I brought the maps and mesh into UE4 with an added level, I wanted to explore the planar node in the material editor so I utilized it to highlight some of the traits I painted in Substance

















UE4






Overall this project took about 17 hours, thanks for reading!

























No comments:

Post a Comment