Monday, November 14, 2016

3D Class Week 11 Creating A Medium Complexity Character Part 03 Sculpting

This week we were tasked with painting our starfish and getting the asset game ready, below is the process of this assignment

Retopology

First I brought the decimated high poly mesh into Maya to retopo the low poly starfish to better accommodate the ZBrush modifications
















Painting Textures

Once the retopologizing was completed I brought the mesh into substance to paint, I wanted to maintain the theme of candy skulls/day of the dead facial paintings so I expanded on the design I studied last week

References:





























Painted Mesh:






















Material

Once the textures were completed I brought the maps and mesh into UE4 with an added level, I wanted to explore the planar node in the material editor so I utilized it to highlight some of the traits I painted in Substance

















UE4


Overall this project took about 17 hours, thanks for reading!

























2 comments:

  1. Your UE4 shot isn't showing up for some reason. Work on showing your game res along with wires in a professional manner.
    Work on displaying your high res sculpt in a professional manner. Make sure to use more geometry in areas of high curvature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work on resolving your eye shapes with your topology.

    ReplyDelete