Monday, September 5, 2016

3D Week 02 (Minecraft-ish Level)


For this assignment I focused on creating a Halloween-esque environment with some inspiration from the color palette and designs shown in the series Soul Eater.

Cube


  Simple cube primitive with a 3 segment bevel applied to its edges. Each face was cut and made into a shell to later create textures for.

Textures












Textures created in Photoshop utilizing a 48 pixels by 48 pixels canvas to create the pixel style required to mimic Minecraft


Material



Unreal Engine material diagram, a good note to highlight is the TextureSampleParameter having its alpha piped into the opacity mask to create transparency in the cube meshes

Screenshots




This project was a lot of fun! Getting to recreate the moon from one of my favorite series (artistically speaking!) was a great experience and I look forward to future assignments.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the atmosphere and mood on this one! Very nice work! I actually like the pumpkins!It's my favorite part actually!

    ReplyDelete